Sunday, September 25, 2011

Scrap Quilts: From Antiques to Art

I'm giving a lecture today at Sully Plantation, in Loudon, VA at noon. Looks like it's going to be a damp day. :) I'm going to be discussing Scrap Quilts, From Antiques to Art. It's a little bit history, a little bit quilt theory, and a little bit trunk show. I'll post some pictures later, but I also wanted to post some of the books and sites I found as I did research for the talk.

There's an exhibit, Scrap ART, August 16-October 16, 2011 at the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles
http://www.sjquiltmuseum.org/exhibitions.html

Wish I could go!

And there are good virtual tours of collections here:
Great Lakes Quilt Collection

Smithsonian Institute of American History

Here are some great books about quilt history:


And here are some of the latest books on making Scrap Quilts:



I do love scrap quilts! It's soooo much fun to examine the quilt closely and look at all the fabrics!

Everyone have a great day, and do some quilting! (Oh, and next weekend, I'm going to be at Art on the Avenue with my friend Lynda Poole Prioleau...more on that later, too!)

Betsy

No comments: