Friday, August 04, 2006

Pam Heim Quilt from Tiny Boxes class at the Artful Quilter

Pam Heim is one of the students in the recent class I taught, based on my quilt Tiny Boxes, at the Artful Quilter (www.artfulquilter.com). She sent me these pictures. Wow, Pam, a lot done in less than a week! Pam promises a new picture once it's quilted.

The class uses a simple log cabin variation block, 5" square, to explore color in a main color and its compliment on the color wheel. Pam's interpretation is wonderful, in black and white with accents that range from red to yellow. So fun!

Two detail shots follow. I love the choices. Her black and whites include grays that are true gray and others that shade a bit brown, but they all work together so well. Those reds and yellow really pop.
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This quilt is great! I love it.